Thursday, 20 October 2016

The Green has its first outing!

Southbourne Men's Shed had an open day and Macmillan coffee morning today, and Lansdowne Green was there! I tried all afternoon yesterday to get it running, but sadly, as well as the mains unit not playing ball, the points on one board would only move in one direction, and the power to the track was also not 100%.so it was decided, rather than having a poorly functioning layout on show, we would simply set it up as a static "work in progress"


 Rather than mess around with the legs, which I need to add to for the second half of the baseboard, I set up on a couple of tables. I intend to make a back scene and wings, as per Slindon Vale (Second layout down on this link), which will, I hope,improve the overall effect.
The layout, and the add on board, were received with much interest, and may people commented on the quality of the modelling on display! Although there were fewer visitors than we might have hoped for, the coffee morning raised over £100 for Macmillan!



So all in all the layout is easy toput up, take down and transport, and once the electrics are sorted I can start to see just what stock will run on the code 70 track!
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment