Lansdowne green is going to a Group 'Pratt and Tickle' session this weekend at Southbourne Men's Shed, where both Doug and I are members, to enable me to start on the construction of both extensions and side and back walls. I have been working through the wiring with my trusty (Ex MoD) AVO 8 mk5 an old but utterly reliable measuring device! (Not unlike some of our club
| Before Cleaning |
It has been decided to make some concessions to progress, and replace the 40 year old H&M solenoids with R/C servos. just as soon as we can find a suitable controller for them. I also want to make a new control panel, as that will not be in the public eye, and rewire the layout to enable DCC OR DC running, to fit in with the rest of the Slindon Vale concept.
| After Cleaning |
The investigation of the wiring has shown that several places where a break is needed there is none, (after points being the main problem) and in a couple of instances there is no feed to the track where there should be. All minor stuff which will be easily remedied as soon as things are re wired.
Anyway the asylum is calling, so I'd better get back before Matron ups my medications to keep me from wandering off!
No comments:
Post a Comment